Sunday, July 20, 2014

Beer Sampling Part 1

This weekend is Kitchener's Ribfest and Craft Beer Festival. We have gone before but we decided to stay home this year since Dan has been working hard on finishing the deck (almost done) and the weather was lousy.

So I hit up the LCBO and bought a variety of beers/ciders, many of which I had never heard of. Dan and I split them and tried 5 of the 10 I bought.

Here's my review:

1. Spark House: It's a red ale with quite a strong after taste. Overall mark: Good.

2. The Witty Traveller: It's a wheat beer that tastes like something is rotting. Overall mark: F-minus.

3. Peroni: This is an Italian beer. It's very light. Overall mark: Very good.

4. Barking Squirrel: This is a lager and is quite hoppy. Overall mark: Very good.

5. The Dead Elephant: This is an Indian pale ale. Overall mark: Awesome!

This was fun! We poured out #2. Yes it was that bad. I will definitely be buying more dead elephants :)

Xo,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment